May is Healthy Vision Month, and there’s no better time than the present to be thinking about protecting your vision and eyes. According to the National Eye Institute, most vision problems can be avoided. Here are some steps you can take to protect your eyes, courtesy of the National Eye Institute.
- Get an eye exam! Spring is a great time to get this done. Allergies this time of year often prompt visits to the eye doctor, and while you’re at it, make sure to be tested for common eye concerns, especially if you have a family history of vision issues.
- Wear protective eyewear. Goggles, safety glasses and safety shields can all help dodge injury when used in activities with potential to damage eyes. Ask your doctor about details and when protective eyewear should be used.
- Wear sunglasses even when it’s cloudy. Your eyes can still get damaged by the sun’s ultraviolet rays. For maximum protection, look for sunglasses that block out at least 99% of both UVA and UVB radiation.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Weight-related illnesses associated with blood sugar issues can lead to health problems that in turn lead to vision loss. A healthy weight can help support healthy vision.*
- Get moving! Physical activity unlocks the key to maintaining a healthy weight, and the added bonuses: ability to boost your mood and diffuse stress.*
- Eat eye healthy foods. Fruits, vegetables and especially dark leafy greens are an important part of any eye health regiment. Research has shown that omega-3 fatty acids can help protect vision, too!*
- Supplement with natural vitamins and minerals rich in nutrients that support eye health*:
• Vitamin A (as beta-carotene) • Vitamin B2 • Vitamin C
• Vitamin E • Copper • Selenium • Zinc • Grape Seed Extract
Learn more > How key nutrients support SPECIFIC PARTS of the eye.
Did you know?
• Eniva® Eye Health+ Liquid Concentrate is a top choice of ophthalmologists across the country to support eye health and retain macular health.*
• What makes Eye Health+ so unique and effective?
1) Vitamins/Minerals in ONE OUNCE of Eye Health+ MATCH the NUTRIENT RATIOS found in the macula of the eye.* This means you don’t have to worry about which nutrients and how much of each you should take. –> It’s all mapped out easily for you – according to Mother Nature’s lead.
2) Liquid formula absorbs faster (than pills) and gets to where it’s needed to support specific areas of eye tissue.*
Find out more by checking out the links below. (Click on circle images.)
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
At EnivaHealth, we believe each human body was designed to be healthy. It was designed to be energetic, lean, agile, and resilient at healing. You were created to live an abundant, healthy and vibrant life. EnivaHealth is proud to create and manufacture pure liquid nutraceuticals with no artificial preservatives. Our liquid supplements are natural solutions to help you feel and look your best.