You CAN win over stress!
While it is common and even good to feel some pressure to perform well in the workplace, sports, or just daily life, there can be a point where that desire to perform turns into unhealthy stress. Too much stress can have negative long and short-term health consequences – high blood pressure, lowered immune health, upset stomach, headaches or low mood and energy can be signs. All of these symptoms can lead to new health issues and make current ones worse.
The good news? You can take active steps to help address stress in your life and win!
Here are three proven stress busters:
1. FOCUS ON SLEEP
Did you know a key sign of stress is challenged sleep? Insomnia, restlessness, or trouble falling asleep can all indicate a possibly overloaded stress level. Consider the following ideas for better sleep:
- Turn off electronics an hour before bedtime.
- Switch your Smart Phone to “night mode” to reduce the amount of blue light you are exposed to after 7 pm.
- Try to avoid eating at least an hour before going to bed.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine multiple hours before bedtime (5 pm).
- Finally, consider a sleep supplement with L-theanine and melatonin (the Eniva Natural Sleep Health formula may be a helpful option for you!).
2. FOCUS ON ACTIVITY – MOVE THAT BODY!
Being physically active has been scientifically proven to help combat stress. You can do it. Try to get in 20-30 minutes on 3-4 days per week. Start slow and easy, increase as able. Avoid injury or excessive exertion – these are key for safety and consistency. Here are some ideas:
- Go for a daily “Gratitude Walk” – while walking, name things you are grateful for out loud. Aim for 20 minutes of walking and 3 things you are grateful for in your life.
- Get back to a childhood sport – tennis, basketball, swimming or your personal favorite.
- Get active with a positively minded friend to help stay consistent – set dates on the calendar.
- Check back to our blog in the near future to see a few more of our favorite ways to stay active!
3. STRESS BUSTING NUTRITION
Foods and supplements high in Omega-3 Essential Fatty Acids and B-Vitamins have been positively investigated to support healthy mood and emotion.
- B Vitamins work by helping the body convert food into energy (metabolism), assisting to create new blood cells and maintaining healthy skin cells, brain cells and other body tissues. All of these can impact your mood!
- Omega 3’s have been shown to support a healthy mood and brain function. They are essential nutrients needed for proper brain function.
- Focus on green leafy vegetables for more B-Vitamins and increasing fish intake for more Omega-3s of EPA & DHA. If you are on the run, a great option is to supplement your diet with our EFACOR Omega-3 formula for high potency EPA & DHA and our VIBE with its full complement of B-Vitamins.
You CAN win over stress and take control. Make one positive change, today, and you are on your way!
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Any research referred to in this article is not meant to be interpreted as research results involving specific Eniva products.
At Eniva, we believe each human body was designed to be healthy. It was designed to be energetic, lean, agile, and resilient towards healing. You were created to live an abundant, healthy and vibrant life. Eniva is proud to create and manufacture pure liquid nutraceuticals with no artificial preservatives. Our liquid supplements are natural solutions to help you feel and look your best.