Brain Health Starts with Heart Health
June is Brain Awareness Month, and the importance of brain health cannot be stated enough. After all, it’s the “engine” that keeps us going each and every day! Promoting brain health starts with cardiovascular health. Good blood flow and circulation to every organ in the body (including the brain) is essential to their health and continued function.
Hypertension is a risk factor that affects the decline in cognitive abilities. As such, maintaining a healthy blood pressure can help promote brain health. Supporting heart function through a heart-healthy diet is an important step toward promoting brain health.
You can probably name a few heart and brain healthy “superfoods” off the top of your head right now. These foods are rich in vitamins, antioxidants, and omega-3s and include foods such as nuts, blueberries and salmon just to name a few. So, how exactly do these components found in “superfoods” work to promote health?
Antioxidants help fight free radicals and the oxidation process that damages the body’s cells and genetic material.
Omega-3s have the ability to impact triglyceride levels. It’s the high levels of the blood fat triglycerides that can put you at risk for heart challenges.
Vitamins such as vitamin E, Vitamin B6, B12, and B9 (folic acid) all play a role in brain health. They can help to support cognitive function as you get older.*
Here are some superfoods to incorporate into your diet:
• Blueberries contain antioxidants that can help delay brain aging and support memory.
• Eggs have choline which has been linked to improved overall brain health. Note: The benefits of choline come from the yolk.
• Walnuts possess anti-inflammatory properties from omega-3 fats and polyphenolic compounds. A diet with walnuts may positively impact learning abilities and memory.
• Leafy Greens support healthy brain aging due to their folate, lutein, beta-carotene and phylloquinone.
• Salmon has an abundance of Omega-3s to support brain development and cognitive function.
• Turmeric contains curcumin which delivers its benefit to the brain directly. It can help boost brain cell growth and aid in an increase of dopamine and serotonin.
Check out the Eniva Health bundle of nutritional products designed to promote brain and nervous system health.
The Brain & Nervous System Health Bundle includes:
• 1 VIBE Liquid Multivitamin – 32 oz bottle
A full spectrum formula incorporates a concentrated combination of carefully selected antioxidants, minerals, vitamins and amino acids along with fruit, vegetable and specialized phytonutrient ingredients for healthy living, antioxidant strength and DNA support.*
• 1 Efacor Omega-3s Fish Oil
EFACOR is a highly purified fish oil – free of environmental contaminants. It contains Essential Fatty Acids that support heart, brain and neurologic function. *
• 1 CoQ10+ Liquid Complex – 16 oz
Eniva CoQ10 Plus provides a generous serving of healthy heart and brain nutrients which support the normal and healthy cell function of the body.*
• 1 ResVante Trans-Resveratrol – 32 oz
ResVante is a highly specialized liquid trans-resveratrol dietary supplement formulated with BOTH high potency trans-resveratrol and a proprietary blend of red wine and citrus flavonoids that supports heart health and healthy aging.*
Click circles below for more product use information:
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Any research referred to in this article is not meant to be interpreted as research results involving specific Eniva products.
At Eniva, we believe each human body was designed to be healthy. It was designed to be energetic, lean, agile, and resilient towards healing. You were created to live an abundant, healthy and vibrant life. Eniva is proud to create and manufacture pure liquid nutraceuticals with no artificial preservatives. Our liquid supplements are nature-based solutions to help you feel and look your best.