Let Your Light Shine
There is something to be said about the golden hour, and it’s beauty. It has been a trend over the past few years to snap a quick picture or selfie during this time to display your own natural looks. The sun shines through during the late afternoon and leaves a golden tint on everything from scenery to our own faces. With the natural light shining down on us, although beautiful, it can bring out some skin impurities whether it be uneven skin tone, blemishes or scars.
In addition to it just being a glowy time of year, it is also National Hair Day, today, October 1st. National hair day celebrates the diversity, beauty and importance of hair. We can change our hair to express ourselves and showcase our unique style. Hair needs to be taken care of, too! For starters, it’s important to choose natural products that protect the integrity of your hair. Note some of our favorite products at the end of the blog. Once you find products that make your skin and hair happy, it is up to you to follow other pampering practices.
Tips for Glowing Skin
- Keep your skin clean. This is increasingly important after a workout.
- Plan a skincare routine that works for you and be diligent. Give it time to work and allow time for your body to adjust.
- Keep your hands off. Touching, picking or popping can cause flare-ups, and acne can take longer to heal.
- Take any makeup off before bed. Failing to do so can cause clogged pores and is an invitation for bacteria.
- Stay out of tanning beds. They are linked to pre-mature aging.
- Wear sunscreen and add it to your routine. Like tanning beds, excess sun exposure can have damaging effects.
- Eat a healthy diet. Consuming less sugar and carbohydrates may decrease your chance of a breakout.
- Change your sheets (or at least pillowcases) weekly. Oil and dirt can aggravate skin.
- Be gentle. There is no need to be harsh when scrubbing or washing your skin. Use soft circular motions.
Note: There is not a “one size fits all” for acne and skin problems. Hormones, environmental or seasonal factors, change in medication, stress and anxiety can all be factors. It’s important to consult a doctor if you think there is a more defined reason for your acne rather than poor hygiene. Be aware of these factors, and do your part to respond in an effective way.
What about Glowing Hair?
- Wash your hair less often. Your hair has natural oils. Washing it too much can strip those good oils and disrupt oil balance. Shampoo that is not fully washed out can make hair look dull, too.
- Limit heat styling. Over time, excessive heat styling can cause split ends, dry hair and breakage.
- Know your hair texture and determine the best hair routine. You may need more moisture and less washes or just the opposite!
- Apply conditioner properly. Conditioner should be applied to the lengths of your hair rather than directly on your scalp because they’re more dry and susceptible to damage mid-strand to the end.
- Make time for regular haircuts. This helps limit split ends and can stimuate healthy hair growth.
- Leave your hair down and brush regularly. Scalp irritation is less likely, and you can naturally shed hair easier.
- Get knowlegable about breakage. Here are some things that can prevent breakage.
- Comb your hair before you shampoo and condition.
- Try squeezing your hair dry rather than rubbing.
- Use the right brush — especially when your hair is wet! Try to wait until your hair is dry to brush or use a thick tooth comb.
Eniva has created a product to help you keep your glow. It is clean, cruelty free and can give you a dewey look from its mist design. A recent review stated “This is most phenomenal spray I’ve ever used. My skin absolutely loves it.” The unique nutrients in this spray literally “nourish” the skin. They support healthy skin and revitalize the look and feel of your body’s largest organ – skin. It is safe to use on all skin types and supports healthy collagen and elastin for balance.*
Those who can benefit from Eniva’s Face & Body Spray include:
- Golfers – spritz it on after a day on the course.
- Boaters – Reflections from the water can play havoc with skin.
- Gardeners – Arms and legs often get over-exposed.
- Farmers – A day in the sun can take its toll.
- Sunbathers – Great to spray on the whole body after showering up from the beach.
- Kids – Spray after a day of hiking, biking, or canoeing.
- Women – Who are missing their “glow;” instantly gives the skin a luxurious look.
- Sports Fans – Kids and adults can use this after their outdoor sports games/practices.
- People with Dry Skin – Replenishes moisture and emollients.
- Skin, hair and nails health*
- Supports the normal development, structure, function and health of collagen in bone and skin, as well as cartilage, connective tissue and blood vessels.*
- Supports normal bone integrity as concentrations of silica are found in growing bone.*
- Silica aids in replenishing missing minerals to help boost the body processes needed for supporting structural health.*
- Includes 7 premium products for full body nourishment.
- Free from harmful chemicals: No harsh preservatives, no phthalates, no parabens, no MEA, TEA or DEA, no glycols or aluminum, no SLS or sulfates, no mineral oil and no artificial dyes or colors.
- All products contain different hydrating botanicals, essential oils and nourishing vitamins.
- Multiple scents from energizing to calming for a full aromatherapy experience.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Any research referred to in this article is not meant to be interpreted as research results involving specific Eniva products.
At Eniva, we believe each human body was designed to be healthy. It was designed to be energetic, lean, agile, and resilient towards healing. You were created to live an abundant, healthy and vibrant life. Eniva is proud to create and manufacture pure liquid nutraceuticals with no artificial preservatives. Our liquid supplements are natural solutions to help you feel and look your best.
© 2023, Eniva Health