Day of Encouragement
Today, September 12th, is National Day of Encouragement. With also focusing on self-care this September, we thought it was the perfect opportunity to chat about healthy relationships and what it can do for our health. Self-care means taking time for you, yes, but also knowing your boundaries and what makes you feel truly good. The people you interact with on a daily basis impact your emotional health greatly. We will discuss ways to take care of yourself and what to look for in your own relationships.
Encouragement, by definition, is the act of giving someone support, confidence or hope. Just from that definition, you can probably pick out some people in your life that consistently give encouragement. Most of us appreciate someone who is there to build us up especially when we are feeling down. We also seek encouragement in our workplace, schools and when engaging in an activities.
Ask yourself these questions when evaluating your relationships:
- Am I truly communicating my wants and needs in a calm fashion?
- Do the people I surround myself with make me feel supported or good after I say goodbye?
- Do you know how to handle negative emotions successfully? When I am negative, do I cope in a healthy fashion and communicate what helps me cope.
- Are you able to place trust in the people you are with?
- Do I know the way my friends want to receive validation and love? Ask them what their love language is. Know love languages are not only romantic, but can be used to understand what different people in your life need to feel supported. Also, take time to discover what your love language is, and share it with your close friends and family members.
Words of Affirmation
Acts of Service
What happens when a relationship is healthy:
- You discover more transparency and authenticity between one another.
- Inspiration grows. This goes hand-in-hand with encouragement because when someone sees the best in us, it inspires us to be the best version of ourselves.
- There is less of a power-struggle. You will find that you work together rather than against one another. You listen to ideas and come to a conclusion that you both feel good about.
- You both feel a sense of security, respect and acceptance.
Being able to maintain healthy relationships with others requires maintaining your own emotional and physical health. Read on to see some self-care tips. Even the small things can make a big difference.
Self-care means taking care of yourself physically and emotionally. Often times, it’s the little things that can help you feel better about yourself. Maybe it’s alone time with your favorite book, cooking yourself a favorite healthy meal, or doing a face or hair mask. There are so many ways to take care of yourself. The way you view self-care will look different from those around you. Support the people in your life with respect and validation of their self-care choices.
Here are some fun ideas to try from Eniva Health! Treat yourself with a hot bubble bath, light candles, relaxing music, and a book. Sit back and relax for 10 minutes or longer with Soothing Facial Mask and Moisturizing Hair & Scalp Oil Treatment (see below). After washing and rinsing using our Salon Bundle, step out and moisturize from face to toe with Eniva Replenish Lotion or Rejuvenate Cream. Last but not least, using Eniva 3-6-9 Salad Oil, rub on cuticles of fingers.
Soothing Face Mask
• 2 tsp Eniva Vibe
• 2 Tbsp honey
• 2 Tbsp oat flour
Take the honey and oat flour and mix well. Add in VIBE and mix well. Note: This has a very nice, chocolate smell if you use the VIBE Fusion.
Moisturizing Hair & Scalp Oil Treatment
Eniva Products to Help you Live Cleaner
• Full Spectrum Multivitamin
• Heart Health Support*
• Immune Health*
• Skin, Collagen and Cell Support*
• Healthy Aging*
• Body conditioning, detox, cleansing, healthy skin, body odor, vitality, energy, immunity and cellular health*
• Vegan liquid chlorophyll, plus a blend of Lemon Extract, Apple Extract, Chicory Root and L-Glutamine
• Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paraben Free, Alcohol Free
At Eniva, we believe each human body was designed to be healthy. It was designed to be energetic, lean, agile, and resilient towards healing. You were created to live an abundant, healthy and vibrant life. Eniva is proud to create and manufacture pure liquid nutraceuticals with no artificial preservatives. Our liquid supplements are nature-based solutions to help you feel and look your best.