Holiday Treats, What’s Not to Love?
Did you know that National Cookie, Brownie, Hot Cocoa, and even Chocolate-Covered Anything Day all take place in December? There couldn’t be a better time to share a couple fun recipes infused with inspiration from your favorite Eniva products and a few holiday kitchen “hacks.” Many families have traditions that involve sweet drinks or treats, and many of these traditions take place around the holiday season. There are sweet treat bakes with friends, milk and cookies left out for Santa, and special recipes that could never be shared outside a small group of people. Know it is okay to indulge sometimes. Your body was made to be healthy, and a sweet treat most likely won’t throw it off. You can also find foods or ingredients not commonly seen in traditional baking recipes that can be used as a nutritious swap for unhealthy ingredients. For example, add or swap dark chocolate cocoa for an antioxidant boost or even an avocado for added creaminess and a dose of healthy fat.
HOLIDAY TIPS & RECIPES
Enjoy these ideas to brighten and de-stress your holiday preparations…
“I just LOVE this recipe for my VIBE! – Tastes fantastic and adds some holiday cheer to my day.”
– Denise R.
Mulled Cider with VIBE
- apple cider (about 1/2 gallon)
- 10-15 whole cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 apple
- raw cranberries – handful
- 1 oz VIBE Fruits & Veggies Daily Multi
- Makes 2-4 warm drinks (depending on size of mug)
Pour Apple Cider (about 1/2 gallon) into a kettle. Add 10-15 Whole Cloves. Add 4 Cinnamon Sticks. Simmer until warmed (about 5-10 minutes). Slice up apple pieces and place in a mug. Pour warm mulled cider into mug. Add cranberries (sliced in half). Add 1 oz VIBE. Stir and ENJOY the Christmas flavors!
- 1 cup coconut milk (from the can if possible)
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 oz VIBE Fusion
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- (Optional) agave syrup or maple syrup for sweetness
Mix all ingredients besides VIBE Fusion together on the stovetop over medium heat. Do not boil. Whisk occasionally until there are no lumps of cocoa. Add in VIBE Fusion once you remove the cocoa from heat. Makes 1 serving. Note you can make a big batch of this and keep it warm in a slow cooker. Enjoy it with the whole family, and add fun toppings to make it a Hot Chocolate Bar.
“VIBE Fusion tastes like a Tootsie Roll treat.” – Kathy R.
Benefits of VIBE Fusion
- Heart and immune health, skin, collagen and cell support, healthy aging.*
- 32 vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients, PLUS more than 32 fruit, vegetable, and plant-based ingredients, including Zinc, Vitamin D, Elderberry, Broccoli, Green tea, Aloe Vera, CoQ10, Amino Acids, Protein and much more.
- Potent nutrient levels support cell strength*: The immune-focused formula of liquid vitamins and minerals is validated with RDA (recommended dietary allowances) nutrients, concentrated fruit, vegetable and aloe vera extracts, as well as a specialized green tea EGCG catechin complex.
- PLUS, the natural flavor with organic dark chocolate and cocoa extract provide additional antioxidant support.* It’s a pleasing taste that gets you moving!
Kitchen Holiday Hacks
- Let your cookie dough rest for 24 hours for cookies with a spectacular taste and texture.
- Crushed candy canes are your best friend for garnishes. Rim a glass, use as a cake or cookie topping, or even as part of a table centerpiece.
- Plan your cooking in advance. It may sound cheesy, but it will help you recognize what you need to prioritize and stay organized.
- Do one extra kitchen cleaning task every night for a week leading up to a party you’re hosting, so there are no worries about having fingerprints all over your fridge while trying to entertain guests.
- Squeeze bottles make cookie decorating easier. You know the ones – maybe you could find them at an old fashioned diner. Forget a bag and cutting a hole at the tip.
- If you happen to live in a place where it is cooler during the holiday season, use it to your advantage. Stick sealed drinks or even food you don’t have room for in your fridge in the snow for a bit.
- Organize your cooking vessels and know what food need appliances. You do not want to have 8 items fighting for room in the oven.
- Ask for help! Whether you live alone or not, ask for help around the house or for others to bring an item to share.
Homemade Air Freshener (and Tea)
All you need for the base is any pot, orange slices and cranberries. Bring these ingredients to a boil. From there, you can experiment with adding cinnamon sticks, star anise, cloves, rosemary or allspice to really make your space smell like the perfect holiday home. You can boil this for a while and enjoy the aroma. When it is time to relax with a warm cup of tea, strain the ingredients so you are left with the liquid. This is where it gets fun. Look for your favorite Eniva liquid product, and add it to the tea. We recommend using Cal-Mag, VIBE Fruit & Veggie Superfoods or even Muscle Aid. You may also add honey to make it just a little sweeter. There are so many combinations to make and try, and you can feel even better about truly nourishing your body.
It’s Sweet Treat Time…
- Coconut flakes
- Your favorite finely chopped nuts
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- Matcha powder
- Chopped cranberries
What is fast and easy and doesn’t take up precious space in the oven? Eniva Protein Isolate “Cookies.”
- 1/3 cup Eniva Protein Isolate
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or almond butter. If your nut butter is extremely stiff, warm it up in the microwave for 15 seconds to get a more “drippy” consistency.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup tiny seed of choice (hemp, chia, etc.)
- Mini chocolate chips — use your own judgement to determine how many
Start with the smallest and least chunky base ingredients first. Combine them all together and mix. Add the chocolate chips last. If you choose to add matcha, finely chopped nuts or coconut flakes, grab a plate and sprinkle the ingredient you choose on it. Roll the prepared ball on the plate so the ingredient of choice sticks to the outside of the ball. If you add cranberries or cocoa powder, mix them into the ball when you add chocolate chips.
- Not chalky, clumpy or gritty; no strange aftertaste — making it perfect for protein balls
- Safe for those with lactose tolerance issues
- Gluten-, corn-, and soy-free. Non GMO.
- No added fillers or binders, no gelatin or bulking agents. Not altered with a single amino acid to spike protein content. No artificial colors, flavors or artificial sweeteners.
- Certified hormone free and antibiotic free
Listen to your Body
Your body is extremely smart. It often gives you signals when something is wrong. There may be visible changes you notice like blemishes and bumps, or the signals can be more internal. Internal examples could include fatigue, digestion issues or mood changes. Stress can trigger many external and internal changes, and we can all agree stress is higher during the holidays. Another thing that’s higher? – Sugar intake. During the holiday season, it’s more important than ever to notice or “listen to” these signals your body is giving you.
Enjoy this season of joy, peace, family and treats. It only comes once a year, so do what you need to do so you can truly cherish it. And, remember to cook and supplement with Eniva!
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Any research referred to in this article is not meant to be interpreted as research results involving specific Eniva products.
At Eniva, we believe each human body was designed to be healthy. It was designed to be energetic, lean, agile, and resilient towards healing. You were created to live an abundant, healthy and vibrant life. Eniva is proud to create and manufacture pure liquid nutraceuticals with no artificial preservatives. Our liquid supplements are natural solutions to help you feel and look your best.
© 2023, Eniva Health