What Truly Makes an Avocado so Great?
Avocados are known for containing “healthy fats.” Omega-3, Omega-6 and Omega-9 fatty acids as well as carotenoids have been proven to help protect against numerous cardiovascular issues. With Cardiovascular Disease being a leading cause of death in the US, getting enough of these nutrients seems like a pretty good idea. There are also antioxidants that can help fight free radicals and support healthy aging.
Here are some other benefits of Avocados that may not be so obvious:
- Avocados can help you feel more full: Healthy monounsaturated fatty acids slow the stomach emptying process leaving you feeling satisfied for up to five hours.
- Helps you manage a healthy weight: Antioxidants can help fight inflammation while increased insoluble and soluble fiber intake helps with the entire digestion process through elimination.
- Helps support healthy blood sugar: If at least half of an avocado is added to a meal, it has been shown to limit insulin and blood glucose levels from rising after meal consumption.
- Healthy absorption of nutrients from other foods: In addition, people who consume avocados often have a healthier diet overall and tend to pull towards more whole foods.
- Sharper brain function: In a study where adults ate one avocado a day for six months, their performance on memory tests was improved. This likely comes from Omega-3 and B vitamins.
- Eye health: Avocados contain generous amounts of lutein and zeaxanthin which support healthy eyes and protect against sunlight damage.
ALL THE AVOCADO TRENDS
You’ve probably heard of all the new restaurants popping up that are centered around avocados and even more unique ways to use avocados. Here are some trends… just for fun.
• Toasts! We love to devour them! And, people have been coming up with some pretty creative ways to enjoy for breakfast or a snack.
Ideas for topping your own avocado toasts:
• Cucumber, radish and feta
• Dark chocolate chips, tart red currants and everything bagel seasoning
• Chopped tomato and onion with cilantro
• Mozzarella, cherry tomato, basil and balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup avocado
- 2 Tablespoons raw honey
- .5 teaspoon Eniva Apple Cider Vinegar
• Hair masks and other beauty products. It’s no surprise that the moisturizing natural oils of avocados are great for skin and hair care. Just be sure to check the label for any unnecessary additives.
• Avocado buns, avocado ice cream and avocado mouse. It seems that almost ANYTHING can be made from an avocado these days. Maybe grab one and make up a recipe of your own today to celebrate!
• Avocado apparel, phone cases and accessories. At least we are promoting a healthy choice… right? Do you have any avocado merch, yet?
Here are a couple great Eniva products to help you with your
• Supports healthy skin.*
• The “Mother” sediment helps provide naturally occurring amino acids, enzymes and probiotic bacteria.
• Raw, unfiltered and unpasteurized.
• Can help with “feeling full” and turning fat into energy.*
• A premium blend of hexane-free, cold-pressed avocado and safflower oils, with a clean, delicate flavor that doesn’t interfere with the flavor of food.
• Supports the brain, heart and a healthy metabolism.**
• Excellent for baking, sautéing, grilling and deep frying.
• Retains essential fatty acid profile at high temps versus turning into a trans-fat.
**Supportive but not conclusive scientific evidence suggests that daily consumption of about 1½ tablespoons (20g) of oils containing high levels of oleic acid (at least 70%), may reduce the risk of heart disease as compared to other cooking oils.
At Eniva, we believe each human body was designed to be healthy. It was designed to be energetic, lean, agile, and resilient towards healing. You were created to live an abundant, healthy and vibrant life. Eniva is proud to create and manufacture pure liquid nutraceuticals with no artificial preservatives. Our liquid supplements are nature-based solutions to help you feel and look your best.