Happy International Merlot Day!
Sometimes a glass of wine sounds just delightful, but the side effects just aren’t worth it somedays – especially when we need to be productive the following day. Along with International Merlot Day we’d like to share some red wine facts. Merlot is the second most enjoyed red wine after Cabernet Sauvignon. Although alcohol is a depressant and can cause things like anxiety and fatigue, we’ve all heard there are also benefits to red wine. The benefits come from the antioxidant component, known as polyphenols. Read on to see ways to enjoy the goodness of red wine without the side effects from sulfites or alcohol.
The Good Stuff
Polyphenols are used by your body to protect cells, tissues and the lining of blood vessels in your heart.
Where do polypheonls come from?
Many plant-based foods like vegetables, fruits and various spices contain polyphenols. Some sources are higher in polyphenols than others like: blackberries, blueberries, red grapes, flaxseed, cloves, oregano, peppermint and cocoa powder.
For grapes, the color of the skin determines the polyphenol content: red grapes are higher in polyphenols than green (“white”) grapes. Therefore, red wine has more health benefits as compared to white wine. Furthermore, red wines allow for a higher level of support for cardiovascular function and other body systems.*
What about Resveratrol?
Resveratrol is a type of polyphenols (belonging to polyphenols’ stilbenoids group), which possess very high antioxidant properties. Stilbenes, in particular trans-resveratrol and its glucoside, are widely researched and shown to benefit human health associated with high antioxidant capacity for free radical defense. Bioactive benefits have also been reported to include cardioprotective, neuroprotective, and anticarcinogenic properties as well as supports the body’s response to inflammation.*1
Although there are benefits from the polyphenols in red wine, note that drinking alcoholic red wine does add extra calories, can interfere with medications, and it may impair judgment. 2 Also, many people are sensitive to the sulfites in red wine.
• What about a NON-ALCOHOLIC alternative?
This is where Eniva comes into the picture with ResVante Liquid Resveratrol Complex to help you recieve the benefits of resveratrol WITHOUT the alcohol or sulfites.
Get the Facts
Eniva ResVante contains 99.9% pure, validated trans-resveratrol at a potent concentration.
• One ounce of ResVante contains 100 mg of resveratrol plus an additional 1000 mg of fruits and berries extracts (Rejuvenation Complex).
• A person would need to drink 300 glasses of red wine to equal the antioxidant resveratrol content in just one ounce of ResVante.
Wow! That’s a lot of wine you would need to drink – more wine than is “safe” in order to achieve the amount of trans-resveratrol in one ounce of ResVante.
• Liquid Advantage
The nutrients in ResVante are in liquid form, unlike tablet and pill products which take longer to digest. ResVante’s liquid design maximizes the absorptive potential of the trans-resveratrol – making it easier for the body to use.
ResVante uses the highest quality ingredients, sourcing our trans-resveratrol from the wine country of France, not the roots of potentially toxic Asian knotweed. We extensively test all our ingredients for pesticides, herbicides, heavy metals, and microbes.
Be mindful of your Supplement Use: It is very important to remember that ResVante contains high-potency nutrients. As with all dietary supplements, it is essential to read the dosing and use instructions. It is also important to talk with your health care professional about your use of dietary supplements.
Eniva ensures that ResVante contains no fillers, binders, additives, artificial flavors or colors, no animal products, and no added sugars. Manufactured in the USA, ResVante remains the only liquid French wine country-sourced trans-resveratrol formulation available to the public. So, enjoy the taste of red wine (without the alcohol), and get all the health benefits with a beautiful glass of ResVante.
Best ways to use and enjoy ResVante
• ResVante tastes best when 1 oz is diluted with 6 oz of water or juice.
• Get creative with recipes:
– Add an ounce of ResVante to your favorite recipies that include fruits.
– With your next batch of brownies or chocolate cake, add one ounce of ResVante to the batter for added richness.
– Drizzle ResVante (undiluted) over ice cream or a favorite dessert for added flavor, and receive an antioxidant boost.
• Pair sparkling waters with ResVante for a refreshing drink – great with a cheese or charcuterie board.
• When you need to have an “alcohol-free night,” you can still enjoy the taste of wine without the alchohol.
• Contains red grape extracts and berry flavonoids / polyphenols
• Contains 99% ultra-pure resveratrol liquid in a sceintifically supported dose to address the aging process*
• One ounce is equivalent to drinking 300 glasses of red wine in antioxidant resveratrol content
• Aids in supporting cardiovascular health, including cholesterol levels already in a healthy range, and assists with normal blood flow*
• Supports brain function and sensory-motor coordination*
• The benefits of red wine without the alcohol and no sulfites
If you choose to enjoy alcoholic beverages, be safe and drink moderately and responsibly. Now that you have the facts and a few ideas to enjoy the day, relax and kickback.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Any research referred to in this article is not meant to be interpreted as research results involving specific Eniva products.
1. Molecules. 2021 Nov; 26(21): 6600. A Comprehensive Analysis of the Efficacy of Resveratrol in Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease, Myocardial Infarction and Heart Failure. <https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8587649/#>
2. Migala, Jessica. Laube, Justin, MD. “Is Red Wine Really Good for You?” EverydayHealth.com. September 15, 2020. <http://www.everydayhealth.com/longevity/is-red-wine-good-for-you.aspx>.
At Eniva, we believe each human body was designed to be healthy. It was designed to be energetic, lean, agile, and resilient towards healing. You were created to live an abundant, healthy and vibrant life. Eniva is proud to create and manufacture pure liquid nutraceuticals with no artificial preservatives. Our liquid supplements are natural solutions to help you feel and look your best.