Whether you participate or not… let’s talk body and facial hair
Trends that Take Off
Over the years, #noshavenovember has gained lots of attention. Why November? Why no shaving? Maybe it’s because it’s getting colder outside; maybe it’s just time for a changeup. You may have seen, too, different sports teams’ players and fans taking part in this trend in a slightly different fashion during a season. Whatever the reason for growing out hair, we can all agree good hygiene is essential and healthy shiny hair is the goal. It also gives us a chance to chat about hair and skin care.
Layers of the Skin
Hair is made up of keratin, a fibrous protein. As you can see, the hair root starts deep in the dermis. If you have plucked a hair with a tweezer, you may have noticed a white bulb at the end of the hair. This is a protein bulb at the end of the hair that was closest to the root, not the root itself. Hair will grow back as new cells in the hair bulb form. The cells connect and harden to create the strand, and it keeps growing as new cells attach at the bottom and push the strand up out of the skin.
Hair growth can slow down when hair falls out and new cells do not generate as fast or go into the “resting phase.” When this happens often and fast, people can experience noticeable hair loss or balding. Our hair color changes to gray or white as hair follicles produce less pigment. It does not change color, just produces less of it. Most gray hairs are not related to stress. Genetics play a huge role in determining when a person will start to see gray hair as well as where a person loses hair first.
Hair needs to be properly cleaned and taken care of daily. Everyone’s routines will look different because everyone has different hair textures and moisture levels. Hair can protect us from the sun, dust and pollen. It acts as a filter in some ways. This is demonstrated with nose hairs. The hairs in the nose “catch” bacteria that would make us sick or cause an allergic reaction if not filtered out.
Fun Hair Facts
1. Hair grows everywhere on the human body except the lips, palms of your hands and soles of your feet.
2. Sea Otters are the hairiest animal with anywhere from 170,000 to 1,000,000 hairs per square inch in just their underfur. They have 3 types of hair. In contrast, humans have roughly 100,000 hairs on our entire head.
3. Healthy hair will live on the scalp anywhere from 2 to 6 years, and on average, hair grows 1.25 centimeters per month. Obviously, though, all the strands on your head shed and begin growing again at different times.
4. Shades ranging from very dark brown to jet black black are the most common natural hair colors in the world.
6. Hair tends to grow slower in colder climates and months while the opposite happens when it is warmer.
7. The World Record for the longest beard stands at 17.5 feet.
8. A man will spend roughly 1,100 hours of their lifetime shaving as compared to women spending 1,750 hours on average. If looking back on your life… would you consider this a waste of time? #noshavenovember
Supporting Hair and Skin Health with Eniva
A Non-Toxic Natural Approach
All products in the Salon Bundle contain NO Parabens, No Phthalates, No MEA, TEA or DEA, No Glycols or Aluminum, No SLS or other Sulfates, No Dyes or Artificial Fragrances.
Refresh Body Wash – Reenergize skin while the gentle foam washes dirt away.
Reveal Shampoo – Let your hair’s natural beauty shine with this botanically infused, premium formula with no harsh preservatives or hair-stripping cleansers.
Restore Conditioner – Hydrate your hair and scalp. Leave hair silky, shiny and soft. The exclusive combination gently provides moisture, helping boost volume and brilliance.
VIBE Fruit Sensation is the ultimate daily multivitamin. It benefits the whole body: Energy & Focus, Hormonal Balance, Skin, Hair & Nails, Brain Nutrients, Collagen Boosters, Immune Strength, Heart Health and DNA Cellular Support.* It is Doctor Formulated and leaves out all the toxic chemicals. Its liquid design is is designed for fast absorption and use by the body!
• Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, No Artificial Ingredients, Flavors or Colors.
• Over 8 Million Bottles Sold!
• Manufactured at our own FDA registered & inspected facility. Independent quality testing.
• Omega-3 supports the whole body: Heart, Brain, Joints, Mood, Memory, Vision, Skin & Hair.*
• Natural Health Prostate supports sexual performance, healthy hair and follicles as it related to aging, size of the male prostate, urinary flow, and male hormonal balance.*
• Vitamin D3 goes to work at the DNA level supporting numerous body systems.*
• VIBE is your daily foundation.* 30+ Fruits, Veggies & Superfoods, 32+ vitamins, minerals & antioxidants.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Any research referred to in this article is not meant to be interpreted as research results involving specific Eniva products.
At Eniva, we believe each human body was designed to be healthy. It was designed to be energetic, lean, agile, and resilient towards healing. You were created to live an abundant, healthy and vibrant life. Eniva is proud to create and manufacture pure liquid nutraceuticals with no artificial preservatives. Our liquid supplements are natural solutions to help you feel and look your best.
© 2023, Eniva Health